Shoes always have a story to tell...

My name is Sarah and I am a shoe addict.

I know I have written about my love for shoes many times on this blog I have also said I think you can tell a person by their shoes. I wanted to write a post about why I love shoes, Carrie Bradshaw was always running around wearing amazing shoes. Many celebrities get access to many fantastic shoes as well. Many women love certain things in fashion, dresses, handbags, jewellery. Mine is shoes, they can make or break an outfit. They have the ability to lift up your mood and make you feel like the most special person in the world, they can make you feel like you're walking on air.

Enough of that, they can also make you annoyed because of blisters and pain. I have always considered shoes can be a work of art, I featured a pair in my A-level final exam piece because of this belief. How can something that literally carries you everywhere be ignored so readily?

I know another few friends who are fellow shoe devotees and they understand my reasoning and agree with my thinking and obsession. My particular taste runs into bright colours, impractical materials and high heels. gem stone embellishments, gleaming satins and soft suede. A delicate strap here and a chunky platform there.
I love glitter and certain colours, I have had ruby slippers but they aren't the same as sapphire blue. Leopard calfskin, lovely suede in nude, blue and black.
I said in the title the shoes have a story and they do! A wedding, a night out, a promotion at work!

How could you ever resist?

That is not to say, I only ever favour heels, there are many fun, cool flats among my shoe choices.
Is there ever a reason why we become attached to things? My tastes in shoes have changed as I have grown up, I still remember all my favourite pairs of which I have mentioned her already. It is not something a girl will forget.

Here are the best of my collection most have been acquired in the last year and as always it is love at first sight. I don't know what it is usually, colour is what I first spot but many things catch my attention, the finish, the decoration or a print.

I have slowly been acquiring lower heels and more womanly shoes. I do not follow trends just my heart to beauties like this.

Rose gold finish on nude suede with triple bow detail Topshop.

Leopard print on calf skin Topshop



Multi coloured suede jewel tones Topshop.

White satin swarovski embellishment

peacock blue pleated satin bow detail ASOS


multi coloured glitter on leather Topshop

Glitter silver/ blue sole Brantanos

Blue suede calf skin Schuh

two finishes on leather spikes Topshop

Suede dyed indigo pink heel Kurt Geiger

Teal blue satin ebay

and the newest to my collection my beautiful glittery shoes.........*drum roll*

So there are some of the jewels in what I call my shoe collection. They are so pretty and I cannot wait to to wear them and induce shoes envy ;)
Enjoy :)

Popular Posts