Lusting for things you shouldn't!

I have had my eye on printed trousers for a while now. Usually I hate trousers because I am short in the leg and everything is always too long. However thanks to H&M, I found a style that suits. I fell in love with the tapered leg. I bought three pairs, Black, black Aztec print and cream with a graphic print, that looks like a Duchamp sketch.
River Island for their spring collection did a particular scarf print I was rather drawn to. They are blue, printed and very pretty. They did the print in three styles all of which I quite liked. They did them in tapered, paper bag and wide leg. The print is really something, a lovely aqua pastel with a mono chrome print. The print is  variety of leopards, birds, roses and chain detail. They really had me struck!

These have a fantastic shape, they're simple and would work fantastically with my Topshop chiffon woven front tees. and several of my favourite jumpers and many of my shoes. (of course!)They can be casual and smart.

These have a great detail on the waist and I like the shape. Good for a crisp white shirt or a vest top and some sandals. Slightly harder to dress due to the waist. And given my shape (hourglass) not suited because it kind of cuts me in half!

But I still love them :)

These are amazing. Good for lengthening the leg. narrowing the waist and like the first pair so simple to dress. (Sadly this length rules them out)


I bought the tapered leg, I have tried all three on and loved them equally but I need something I can multi- task with. The fabric on these trousers is really lovely. It is a light polyester, that stops you getting hot but will keep you warm.

I really desperately wanted them when they were first in stores.  I couldn't justify the price and kept thinking about it until the other evening, I thought why not go see if they are still there?

So I did and had found out they were in the sale and I was in luck!

The tapered pair are due next week and I cannot wait to start wearing them. It is nice to find something that works and for all of those with short legs too you know what a nightmare jeans can be! (I envy you tall Amazonians!) (Including you Rihanna and Beyonce!) It was good to finally find something I can get away with. I embrace print a lot because it's fun, I like basic colours and styles but it is nice to mix things up once in a while.
I cannot wait to get them and wear them. Anna Lou Elliot is a blog I follow and always read she has just started embracing printed jeans and patterns which is good to see because it is fabulous to see her wardrobe expand and be given a new dimension. She is also a good source of inspiration for me I like her pallet of basic colours and clashing textures. (She also has a bad ass shoe collection!)

I think I need to start actually showing what I do with all the clothes, I tell you guys about?!

In other shopping news:
My other recent additions are; a beautiful chestnut brown leather satchel backpack, which has literally not come off my back since I bought it. I have also got a lovely play suit from H&M that is fitted and I lived in during the sunshine. It is simple and black, again I can dress it up or down and I love the 50's shape and the simplicity of it.
I also have found a lovely fitted evening dress and printed jumper and sweatshirt. I have even been out in my new zebra brogues.

It is good fun to enjoy a few lovely and funky pieces :)

Popular Posts